Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pillows and where have they been?

I am sorry that I haven't blogged in a few days. I have been a bit busy personally and with work. I haven't forgot my fans. I am not really sure what I am going to blog about today as I really haven't had a good thought come to mind but I am being pressured to do something. You can always suggest new ideas.

Let's talk about our bed pillows. Have you ever thought about how long you should keep bed pillows? Do you have a favorite pillow that you have had for like 15 years. Let's really think about this.... you have had a pillow for 15 or more years. I realize that it is broke in and it is really comfy but do you know what has seeped into that thing??? 15 years of drool, snot, bad breath and who knows what else. This pillow now weighs about 5 pounds more than when you got it. Can you throw it in the washing machine and wash it? Will it fall apart? Will it still be the same as it was? These are risks that you take with washing this old disgusting pillow. I myself have had a pillow like this. I finally had to throw it out a few years ago as there really just wasn't much left of it. So now I have new pillows that I have had for a few years. I did recently buy some new ones but don't find myself using them as my old ones are more comfortable. I also have to have a king size pillow to prop my leg up on or I can't sleep. This new king size pillow I have, well let's just say when I prop my leg up on it, it is higher than the rest of my body and I get severe cramping in my hip from it being so high. I am not sure that I will be able to break this one in. I have put it on the bed and rolled around on it and jumped on it so that I can get it broken in but it isn't working. My gosh, what is a person suppose to do! So in the corner it sits for now. I don't know what to do. I am getting stressed out about it! This has been a discussion at work and we all have questions about this pillow thing. If you have any suggestions on this, please let us know how long to keep our pillows without being totally disgusting and grossed out. And hey, think about this. When you go visit someone and they give you a pillow to use, do you know how old it is or where it has been? GROSS!!! I don't want to be inhaling someone else's spit and slobber! I am taking my own pillows every where from now on!!!

Then I want you to think about the ones people put between their legs, do they have underwear on when they do this! I think most do not so don't loan me this pillow when I come to visit please.

Oh, don't worry, I will have my own pillows.

No comments: